As I was returning home from CrossFit on Monday, my odometer rolled into the six digits. My Ford Escape, Capri, which I bought in 2014 new with only 17 miles has taken me on a lot of journeys: Tennessee, Indy, Pictured Rocks, Finger Lakes, Maine. “He” gets me from Point A to Point B daily, and as the numbers flipped to all zeros, I had to smile at all the memories made inside my little ride.
In a similar fashion, my own odometer flipped a number today. I am now 28-years-old, and though most days I feel like I should not be so close to the big 3-0, today I am thankful for the years behind me. It has become a bit of a tradition for me to write birthday posts full of those memories (see 2018, 2016, 2015, and 2014) This year I figured it might be about time to share a few facts about myself to allow my readers to get to know me a bit better. So, here I am…
28 Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I am an INFJ personality type (the most rare!) and find the description terrifying accurate.
- I am allergic to metals — which I discovered when I got braces as a child.
- My favorite scents are rustic: campfire, pine, leather.
- My first job was acting as Santa’s elf at our local mall.
- I am a die-hard Potterhead. J. K. Rowling was my inspiration to begin writing as a child.
- I do not drink soda. I stick strictly to “water drinks”: coffee in the morning, water in the afternoon, and wine at night.
- My biggest fears are tornadoes, Furbys, and being forgotten. I think all are self-explanatory.
- My hair is naturally blonde.
- I could live life never having sweets again, but I’d die without some salty treats.
- I did not play with dolls as a little girl, instead I loved my Pound Puppies and Beanies Babies.
- My favorite flower is –surprise — peonies.
- When I am sad, my favorite movie to watch is The Breakfast Club.
- I purge my closet every Spring and Fall. If I haven’t worn an article of clothing in the past 6 months, I put it in a tote. Then I go through the tote and any articles I have forgotten about, I donate. Its a revolving cycle of refinding fun pieces and purging those I no longer need/wear.
- Though I hate to admit it, I am a crier. Sad movie? Instant tears. Happy movie? Instant tears. Song about a dog? Instant tears.
- If I never visited a city again, I’d be okay. I am a country girl through and through.
- I was a fan of the Cubs before the 2016 World Series. (And cried happy tears when the Curse of the Goat finally broke!)
- My childhood dream was to be an architect, and I spent countless hours designing houses on The Sims.
- My celebrity crush is Hugh Jackman.
- I am an only child.
- I cannot keep a plant alive indoors to save my life. I’ve murdered about 20 basil plants since moving into our home.
- I love staying home. LOVE it. Staying in is my favorite Friday night activity.
- I am kind of competitive when it comes to board games. “If you aren’t first, you’re last.”
- My top five favorite TV shows are: Desperate Housewives, Smallville, The Office, The Walking Dead, and Great British Bake-Off.
- I’m very good at sleeping. Give me ten minutes, and I can be passed out. I’ve slept through turbulence, long car rides, and boring movies.
- I live for real crime and fantasy novels.
- I did not declare my college major until my last semester. I thought I was going to declare Creative Writing, but decided to take two courses on grant writing in order to earn a bachelors degree in Professional Writing.
- Something G thought was completely endearing when we first started dating is that I do not have a favorite color. Instead, I have a favorite color per season. In Spring, I love mint, Summer coral, Fall rose gold, and Winter slate.
- I order lattes with oat milk because a barista once told me, “That’s the correct way to drink lattes.” I didn’t need more evidence than that, I guess.
I hope you enjoyed learning 28 facts about me. Please share some fun facts about yourself below! I would love to learn a little bit about yourself, friend.
A big thank you to all my friends and family taking time out of their Sunday to wish me a Happy Birthday. I feel so blessed with the love, encouragement, and support of you all.