G and I are gone camping this weekend with our bridal party in a joint Bachelor/Bachelorette Camping Weekend. We’re enjoying a number of awesome meals and snacks prepared by our best friends, Luke and Leia, and are positively in heaven. There is nothing I love more than campfires and good company.
As I head off to do some hiking in the dunes, I wanted to leave my recommendation for the weekend’s snacks: banana boats. This is a snack I remember making every year at summer camp as a kid and brings back great memories of carefree days. Expect a savory and sweet treat where forks and napkins are necessities!
Gather 'round the campfire for these ooey gooey treats.
Want a new snack while camping to give your S’mores a run for their money? Try this customizable goodie and prepare to be amazed!
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Cut four 12-inch sheets of foil
- Make a deep lengthwise cut along inside curve of each banana, being careful not to cut all the way through
- Open slit to form pocket.
- Fill each banana with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons marshmallows, or any optional additives below
- Wrap each banana in foil, making sure that foil opening is on top
- Using tongs, set wrapped bananas in coals of campfire
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes
- Carefully remove from fire, peel back foil, and serve immediately
- 1/2 cup crushed Golden Grahams (to make a s’mores banana)
- 2 Tbsp caramel syrup
- 2 Tbsp hot fuge
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips