Welcome to the first installation of Uncorking Peonies’ Savory Sundays. This was actually our dinner Friday evening before staying in on the raining night and renting a movie from RedBox. It was just one of those nights where I didn’t want the fuss of making an extensive recipe or doing dishes afterwards. Plus I hadn’t made this little digit for G yet and it is SO tasty — it was a must to end the week!
Though not the healthiest option, this recipe utilized all items I already had in the kitchen and some chicken breasts I had meant to cook a few days prior (but opted for some of the best local pizza instead. #YOLO) It received many compliments from my future hubs, so no complaints on this end for an easy Friday at home.
Place in the oven and eat in 30 minutes -- how easy is that! Be sure to use chicken cutlets for fastest cook time with no pre-cooking.
I love to make this easy foil-pack on nights I’m not feeling a lot of clean up afterwards. You get to skip dishes completely as it’s simpler to keep these chicken mixes in the foil even while eating!
- 1 package stuffing mix, chicken flavored
- 24 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast (sliced into 6oz)
- 1.25 cups water
- 1 fresh broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 4 Tbsp ranch dressing
- celery salt, salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Spray 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil with oil
- Combine stuffing mix with water
- Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet
- Season chicken breast with seasonings to taste
- Top stuffing with a 6oz chicken breast
- Top chicken with 1/4 broccoli
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of cheese and 1/4 of bacon crumbles
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp ranch dressing
- Bring up foil sides and fold to seal, leaving room for heat circulation
- Place packets on a cookie sheet
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees
- Remove packets and let stand for 5 minutes
- Cut slits in foil to allow steam out
- Serve immediately on foil as juices will have accumulated